Sunday is my 31st birthday. It’s honestly hard for me to believe I’m 31 years old, but alas there is nothing I can do about it! Ha!
So far my 30’s have brought so many wonderful things to my life, of course the most wonderful being our sweet boy. I thought it’d be fun today to focus on the positive, so here you have 31 things I’ve learned at 31!
1. Don’t take life too seriously.
2. The days may be long, but the years are so short. Enjoy every single moment.
3. Stop caring what others thing of you. Seriously, do it!
4. Be YOU. Everyone will have their opinions but you have to do what is best for you and only you can determine that.
5. We all just do the best we can. Stop trying to be perfect.
6. Age is only a number, you are never too old to go after your dreams.
7. Don’t listen to statistics – I read an article that said after 30 each year it will be harder and harder to make running improvements. I don’t buy into that. You can do anything with hard work and dedication.
8. Mornings are the most wonderful time of the day. Slow down and enjoy them more.
9. Don’t take running too seriously. Go after your goals but remember at the end of the day it’s for fun.
10. Family is always important.
11. Put your marriage first. Always.
12. Find what you love and do more of it. Don’t do what other people love – do what you love.
13. Enjoy every second with your children. They grow so so fast.
14. Let your child sleep on you. Sure, it’s great to get things done but they will only want you to hold them for so long.
15. It’s OK to make time for yourself. In fact, it’s very important!
16. Go do something just for you at least once a month. Get your hair done, nails, or whatever it is that you enjoy that makes you feel better. Splurge a little.
17. Eat in moderation don’t cut all the things you love out.
18. Your house doesn’t have to be perfect all the time. Sometimes other things come first.
19. You’ll never regret doing something to help another.
20. Learn to communicate with your spouse even when its hard (something I still have to work on to this day).
21. Do the best you can. That’s all you can do. You won’t be perfect, but it’s okay.
22. “Run hard. Run Long. But NEVER outrun your joy of running.”
23. You don’t need a lot of friends, just a few close and trustworthy ones.
24. Go out of your comfort zone. Even as an introvert it’s always worth putting yourself out there.
25. It’s okay to not have it all together. Even when others around you make it look like they do (especially on social media).
26. Get outside more!
27. Never get to old to learn something new. Keep learning as much as you can!
28. Work hard even when it feels like it is impossible.
29. Stop making excuses.
30. Hug/Kiss your spouse, children, family, and pets as often as you can! You never are guaranteed tomorrow.
31. Enjoy each year – you only get one!
Some are silly, some are generic, but they are all things that I’ve come to learn over my (almost) 31 years of life. Look forward to seeing what the years ahead bring!