I love compression socks.
No seriously, I really love them. I’d show you a collection of all of mine but I’m ashamed of how much of a mess they are right now.
That being said, I have tried a lot of brands over time. There is a very large difference between quality compression socks and others that claim they are compression socks but offer no real advantage.
My husband and I were recently given the opportunity to try out a relatively new brand, Tiux Compression.
Before we get into my testing and thoughts on the Tiux Compession, let’s take a look at what they say about their product and how they are different:
- Design – They blur the line between form and function with their innovative design features that help you perform at your best
- Reputable Factories – They work with the same factories that produce other leading compression brands. They learn from their expertise to create the best product.
- Performance Fabric – Their socks are made from premium technical fabrics engineered for function and
- Limited Inventory – Reduce costs by never overstocking inventory. They focus on quality and providing the best value for their customers.
- No Middlemen – There are no distributors or wholesalers taking their cut. They eliminate the middlemen and share the savings with their customers.
- No Physical Stores – Unlike traditional retailers, they are exclusively online and do not have the added expense of a physical storefront.
- No Pro Endorsements – They don’t pa pro athlete endorsements. They believe strongly that their customers are their ambassadors.
When I first read about their company I was also really excited to see their desire to give back. They have partnered with MAG (Mines Advisory Group) and donate 1% of their revenue to help save lives and protect communities from landmines, unexploded ordnance (UXO) and other weapons remaining after conflict. This means that part of each purchase goes towards providing a safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by violence and conflict.
By now, I’m sure you are ready to get right to the socks and their performance, so here we go!
Tiux Compression currently offers three different color options: Black/Neon Yellow/Dark Grey, Neon Yellow/Blue/Black, and Pink/Neon Yellow/Lavender.
My husband will always choose the neutral colors so I knew I had to switch it up and get bright!
Here are a few of the features of Tiux Performance Compression Socks:
- Wide top band for comfort
- Calf support and stabilization
- Achilles tendon protection to prevent blistering and irritation
- “Y” heel for contoured perfect fit
- Padded footbed provides cushion and shock absorption
- Seamless toe
- Made with premium technical fabrics for superior moisture management and breathability
- 200 needle count construction for durability, comfort and fit
- Left and right anatomical design
It’s been quite some time since I have tried out a new quality compression sock. Plus, let’s face of it most of them are overpriced and don’t provide the support that you’d expect. This means that when I try out a new compression sock I go in with pretty low expectations. It’s sad, but true.
The very first time thing that excited me about Tiux Compression Socks was how easily they go on. I’ve had some pretty crazy battles with compression socks at 4:00 AM, and these slipped on like a glove.
They also feel light on your legs. During the warm summer months especially, thick compression socks just aren’t appealing. These are the perfect mix of comfort and breathability.
I was even able to wear these on the treadmill, in my extremely warm gym, without feeling uncomfortable.
Tiux Compression is able to provide the breathability and light feeling without sacrificing the performance and compression that you expect. I’ve worn light “compression” socks before, but they weren’t able to help my legs recover as other heavier ones normally do. Tiux found the perfect way to do both.
For those of you who prefer padding in the foot (which to me isn’t a deal breaker) these also are excellent in that area. The padding is comparable to most high quality socks and provides support and softness.
These have quickly made their way to the top of not only my compression sock drawer but also my recommendation list. They provide excellent compression, are light and breathable, don’t weight my legs down, and are comfortable. I can’t say enough great things!
It is important to remember not to dry these socks. Make sure to let them air dry, if you don’t normally with your compression socks, after they are washed.
Do you wear compression socks?
What do you look for when choosing compression socks?