I don’t know about you all, but I am so excited that Friday is HERE! Not only is it the weekend, but it officially marks the end of my husband’s night rotation. He will have some night calls here and there, but the rest of his rotations of his intern year are day hours. I will be so happy to have him home with me again and to be on a “normal” schedule. Though I’m not sure our schedule is ever normal.


To start, I have been getting a lot of questions regarding my training with the Hansons Marathon Method. In order to make it a bit easier to find, I created a tab at the top where I have linked to all the posts I did about it as well as my weekly training recaps.

About Me1

Hope this helps!


It’s been a little while since I have done a day in the life post, and honestly since I didn’t really have any better ideas I thought it would be a good chance to do an updated one!

My weeks are pretty regiminted when it comes to my schedule. I apologize in advance for some of the grainy pictures. Taking them at odd times of the morning make the lighting terrible.


4:30 AM – Alarm goes off which means it’s time to run. I’ve probably already cursed under my breath a couple times because I’d give anything to stay in my warm bed, but like every other morning I pull myself out of bed.

I get dressed (I always have my clothes laid out and ready to go), take my dog out to go to the bathroom and then head out the door (or downstairs if I’m on the treadmill) to run.

This morning I was on the treadmill doing a workout, and then had the visit from a friend while stretching.



6:00-6:15 AM – Get back home from my run. I have been trying to get up a bit earlier lately to have some time to stretch and at least get core work in before having to jump in the shower.


This week I’ve done core work every morning and lower and upper body weights twice. That’s a record for me with core work, so I am pretty pleased with it.


6:30-7:30 AM – Shower, get dressed and wait around until Wes gets home from the hospital so I can see him for a few minutes before I head off to work.

I usually pack up all my various meals and snacks and make sure all the blinds are closed in the house so he is able to go to sleep pretty quickly when he gets home.


7:30 AM – Head out the door and leave for work.


7:45 AM – Arrive at work. I always try to get there a little early because usually I will heat up my breakfast, get some coffee, and settle in before the hustel and bustle of the day begins at 8:00.


This morning I had an omelet and avocado (not pictured). I make it the night before and reheat it at work. This was taken after I made it the night before.


8:00 AM – 12:30 PM -Work, work and more work. Ever since the start of 2015 I have been going a million miles and hour at work. There are no complaints from me though, I would much rather be busy!


12:30 – 1:30 PM – Lunch time! I always bring my lunch with me and depending on how the day is going and how busy I am I will either head out to my car and eat or sit at my desk.


3:00 PM – I always bring two snacks on top of breakfast and lunch with me each day in case I get hungry. I usually eat the first around 10:00 and then the second around 3:00.


Today’s afternoon snack of choice was a Kashi granola bar. I really love this kind because they have whole almonds in them and are sweet without going too crazy. Pretty perfect for giving me a little boost of energy to get through the last couple hours of the day.


5:00 PM – Now that year end/quarter end is over I am able to leave pretty much on time most days.


5:30-6:30 PM – Wes and I have been trying to use this hour to spend together doing something. I’ll either go home and hang out, or lately we have been meeting for frozen yogurt which isn’t far from the hospital.


This is really the only time (aside from the 5 minutes in the morning) that we can spend together or see each other during the week. Needless to say I will be really happy when nights are over!


6:30 – 9:30 PM – Assuming there are no errands to run, I head home to take care of business at the home front. The cats and dog get fed, I usually begin to fix my dinner around 7:00 pm and I get working on my own work for the night.

I’ve had to learn to really be effecient in my time management now, and even though some days are better than others we are definietly making progress!


9:30 – 10:oo PM – This is the time I typically head to bed, however I have been awful this past week at getting to bed on time. No matter how good my intentions are it is always almost 10:30 before I turn the lights out.

I can sure feel it to when my alarm goes off to start again at 4:30 the next day!


I lay all my clothes out in preperation for the run in the morning. Pretty simple if I am on the treadmill, but if I am outside sometimes this requires many layers. I make sure EVERYTHING is ready to go: shoes, iPod (for treadmill), Garmin, headlamp and really anything else I would need.

My mind isn’t usually all with it that early in the morning so I aim to have to do as little thinking as possible.


That about sums it up for my day. I told my husband earlier this week that all week I’ve felt like I am on the movie “Groundhog’s Day.” It’s like the days just repeat one after the other.

Thank goodness its Friday and time for a change of pace!


What are your plans this weekend?

Do you stick to the same schedule almost every day?

Pin It on Pinterest