I’ve been debating with myself recently on if I should listen to music during my marathon. In every race, aside from my recent half marathon, I have run music-free. There are a lot of benefits to music-free racing. You can really take in the experience and the crowds and get to know those running around you.
I’m a bit torn on what to do for this marathon however. In the half marathon, my music really came in handy when I was digging deep and pushing throught the last couple miles. I turned on my favorite song and it helped to give me the push to finish strong.
I also know that this marathon isn’t that big in terms of crowd support. While there will be some along the day, it won’t be like many of the large marathons. Since my focus is more on time this year, which has never been the case in the past, I feel like having music might come in handy.
I checked the marathon website and while it is encourage to run without music, it isn’t banned on the course. Decisions decisions.
Right now I am leaning towards no-music, but I thought I would share with you all today some of my favorite songs that would go on my iPod should I decide to use music.
In case you’ve missed it in the past here are some of my other music playlist posts:
You may notice a few repeats (my all time favorites) in the upcoming list, but I figured for a marathon race playlist you need to bring them all out.
**Some of the songs below have explicit language. Just a little disclosure**
1. Remember The Name – Fort Minor
2. Hell of a Night – Dustin Lynch
3. Let’s Go – Trick Daddy ft. Little John and Twista
4. Blank Space – Taylor Swift
5. Sun Daze – Florida Georgia Line
6. Can’t Be Touched- Roy Jones Jr.
7. It’z Just What We Do – Florida Georgia Line
8. Lose Control – Charlie Farley
9. Roar – Katy Perry
10. So Good – B.O.B.
11. We Own It – 2 Chainz ft. Wiz Khalifa
12. Do or Die – 30 Seconds to Mars
13. Shotgun Rider – Tim McGraw
14. Drinking Class – Lee Brice
15. Born to Do – Steven Cooper
16. Here’s to Never Growing Up – Avril Lavigne
17. Boom Clap – Charli XCX
18. Somewhere in My Car – Keith Urban
19. Ready Set Roll – Chase Rice
20. How I Feel – Flo Rida
Whew! Obviously, I would need more than 20 songs on my iPod to last the entire marathon, but I figured any more would be a bit of overkill! So there you have it. My favorite 20 songs for a marathon.
Some are fast and some are slow, but really anything that keeps me not focused on the pain in my legs, right? 🙂
What are some of your favorite songs right now?
Do you listen to music during a race?