Good morning! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas with friends and family!

Christmas was a little bit different around here this year. If I have learned anything going through this medical journey with my husband, is that you have to learn  to adapt and go with the flow. Wes has been working nights for the past month, and was assigned to work both the night of Christmas Eve and Christmas.


We made plans to postpone our Christmas celebration a little bit. It was tough during Christmas, but that meant we got to spend most of the weekend still celebrating!

Christmas Eve I hung out at the hospital with Wes for a couple hours. It ended up being slow while I was there, so we were able to spend a little time together.

Our Christmas1
Thursday morning I woke up bright and early to go out for a run. The first several days of the week I spent on the treadmill due to some awful weather, but I knew that I really needed to get in a run outside to help me mentally.

I bundled up, put on my new Aiscs Gel-Fit Sanata (more to come on that later) and headed out the door.

Gel Fit Sana
Christmas morning is so peaceful. There were very few cars out and I enjoyed just running in silence. All my early morning runs are without music for safety reasons. This also meant I was able to relax and take in all that was around me.

7 miles

I went out without a set mileage goal. I wanted to see how my body felt and really ease into the run without any pressure. I ended up doing just over 7 miles, and it was probably the best run I have had in a while! Maybe my running mojo is coming back?


I worked the day after Christmas, and once I got out we headed to visit my family for a post-Christmas celebration. It just reminded me so much that it doesn’t matter when you celebrate Christmas, it just matters who you celebrate it with!

Our Christmas6

We had a delicious dinner, exchanged gifts and then just relaxed until it was time to head back home for the night. I can’t even begin to explain how nice it is just to be close to family this year and not having to turn around and drive 10 hours back.

Loved this bracelet my brother and his wife gave me!

It's not a sprint bracelet

Oh, and I am completely jealous of my brother and his wife who are heading to ARUBA tomorrow. Seriously, I need a vacation! It’s been too long!

Saturday morning I woke up and headed out to get in an 8 mile run. This is offically my longest run to date since my marathon. I was so thankful once again that I was able to get outside. It really makes so much of a difference on tough days!

8 miles

I can slowly tell my body is coming back which is something I have been waiting for! Slowing down and not taking things too seriously I think have really helped this past week.


After we run and showered we headed to my in-laws to celebrate Christmas with them. I am so thankful that both our families were understanding and postponed their plans so that we could be there.

I got a very new special item! I finally got an upgrade to my Garmin! The Garmin Forerunner 220! I can’t wait to spend many hours running with it.

Our Christmas3

I hope everyone had a very wonderful Christmas with family and friends!


How was your Christmas?

Have you or anyone in your family had to work on Christmas?

Pin It on Pinterest