If you haven’t already don’t forget to enter my Tinke Giveaway! This is your last day.
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes yesterday! It reminded me just how blessed I am.
Wednesday meant another workout day for me. I decided to take it a little bit easier after my tempo workout Monday.
We started our workout outside. Instead of going to a track we found a straight away that was closer to home. I started the workout with a 1/2 mile warm up.
I then did 5 x 400’s. Between each I jogged for 0.25 miles. My Garmin couldn’t figure out my exact pacing and since I didn’t want to reset each time I just gave it a moderate-hard effort. I didn’t want to be completely wiped out but I wanted to make sure I was putting in a good effort.
After I finished I jogged to cool down for a total of 4 miles.
We then took the second part of the workout in to the gym. I didn’t want to do anymore speed work at this point, so I decided to do a few hills to work on my strength.
I started with a 1% incline and then took it up another 1% every 2 minutes until I hit 10:00 minutes. I then slowly took it back down 1% every 2 minutes until I got back to a 0% incline.
I did a total of 2.5 miles with a cool down and called it a day.
Of course, I couldn’t leave the gym without some strength work and stretching. My focus has been strengthening my core, legs and back right now.
The awesome Michelle recently nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Here’s how it works:
The Liebster Award Rules
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
Here are the 10 questions Michelle asked:
1. What is your favorite book? (Current, or all time)
I really love the book Born to Run. It’s really inspiring and can help motivate to get out the door. I am also a sucker for Nicholas Sparks novels. Yes, you can judge me.
2. What was the first concert you ever attended?
I THINK it would have to be Britney Spears. I attended it in middle school with one of my good friends and her family. There may have been one before that, but I don’t remember.
3. When you are having a bad day, what is one thing that can cheer you up?
A great run and my husband. Either one of those usually does the trick!
4. What did you study in college? If you could go back in time, would you choose the same field of study or choose something different?
I graduated with a degree in Business Administration and Finance. If I could go back though I would have gone the nursing route. If it weren’t for the crazy debt we are in at this point in our lives I would go back to school.
5. What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
I think one of my favorite childhood memories would have to be going to the beach with my family and grandparents. We would always go to the beach every summer together for a week. I would look forward to those trips all year!
6. What is one habit you are most prod of breaking?
My habit I had last year of HAVING to run at least 10 miles per day. It was crazy for me, and I realized (after an injury) that I it was an awful habit to have. Of course there was a lot more than went into my thinking at that time, but I am still proud that I’ve gotten past that and now do all the things necessary to keep my body healthy.
7. If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be? How would you spend it?
I would have to say either Kara Goucher or Ariana Hilborn. These ladies are both amazing and celebrities to me. If you haven’t heard Ariana Hilborn’s story she ran her first marathon in 2008 with a time of 4:36. By 2012 she had qualified for the Olympic Trials in the marathon. How amazing is that? I’d love to sit down and talk to these ladies.
8. What is the first website you check every day?
The news usually (after my email). Local news, CNN etc. I feel busy sometimes that if I don’t check it in the morning I will have no idea what is going on.
9. If you could do any job in the world for one day, what would it be?
That is a tough one. I’d say I would love to work in the Runner’s World office for a day. That would be amazing.
10. Would you rather: have the hiccups for the rest of your life, or feel like you have to sneeze but not able to for the rest of your life?
Wow. I’d have to say sneeze because hiccups can affect your breathing and that would make running slightly difficult!
Thanks for the questions Michelle!
Here are my nominees:
1. Cheri at Overactive Blogger
2. Hayley at Healthy Regards, Hayley
3. Cassandra at Almost Getting it Together
4. Tara at Family Sport Life
5. Annie at Love Laugh Run
6. Lacey and Meranda at Fairytales and Fitness
7. Michelle at Paleo Running Mama
8. Rebecca at Strength and Sunshine
9. Erica at Erica D. House
10. Tina at Tina Muir
My 10 Questions:
1. What time do you normally get up in the morning?
2. What is a memorable/life changing moment in your life?
3. What do you take pride in?
4. What is your favorite movie of all time?
5. What is a quote that really resonates in your life?
6. Name one thing you couldn’t live without.
7. Who would you consider your “hero” or someone you look up to?
8. If you could only have one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. What is your favorite day of the week?
10. Do you run? If so, what is your favorite distance?
Tell me – Answer one of the questions I answered above!