Good morning! We had a great day yesterday which included church, family time, and a pre-interview dinner with the current residents in the program Wes is interviewing for.
Keep him in your thoughts/prayers today! This is one of his top choices.
We have one last day in North Carolina and will head back to PA on Tuesday!
Onto other things, Jen from Peanut Butter Runner tagged me in a a fun blogger survey yesterday, and honestly since I have been so busy I thought it would be a great blog post for today!
Thank you so much Jen for including me!
Here are the rules:
1. Include award logo in your blog post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answers 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award and ask them 10 questions.
Here are Jen’s questions:
1. What is your favorite way to sweat?
Without a doubt my answer to this is and always will be running. I wish so badly I could run right now, but since I am sidelined some of my other favorites are: spinning, swimming, lifting, and walking.
2. What was your favorite subject in school?
I am a certified math geek. I didn’t LOVE it but I was always good at it so that made it one of my favorite subjects.
It also was the reason I was a Business and Finance major in college.
3. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
This question makes me laugh because my husband and I are exact opposites. I wish I could be spontaneous, but I never have been. I want everything planned out and want to know what is going on ahead of time.
My husband loves to just “go with the flow” and it drives me nuts. We have learned how to meet in the middle somewhere thoughout the years, but I will always be a planner.
I even love planning out and having my workouts ready.
4. What is your favorite type of ethnic food?
I have to say Chinese or Japanese. It’s hard to choose, but we always love looking out for new restaurants to try.
5. Tell me about the coolest city you’ve every visited.
We love Charleston, SC. We went there for our honeymoon and loved every minute of it. If we could have our way we would move there in a heart beat.
6. Have you ever sky dived? Would you?
No I have never sky dived and no I never would. I am terrified of heights and I’ve always said that no one could pay me enough to sky dive.
I am OK with never experiencing that.
7. What’s your number one piece of advice for new bloggers?
I am still relatively new to blogging so I am still learning a lot, but the best advice I could have is be yourself. Don’t write about what you see others write, be yourself and make your blog about what makes you unique.
If you try to copy others the fun of blogging will die, you have to keep it fun! Be YOU!
8. Hunger Games or Twilight?
Hands down Hunger Games. I have read both and seen both movies so far, and I would have to choose Hunger Games. I liked the books and movies better, and was much more interested in the plot.
Plus my husband doesn’t completely dread taking me to see the Hunger Games movies.
9. Do you enjoy hiking and camping or city streets and fancy hotels?
This is a tough one. I love hiking and camping and being outdoors. However, the husband and I haven’t gotten to do much hiking or camping in quite some time due to medical school.
10. What is your dream job?
I would have to say working for a race company. I would love to plan, set up, and organize races and sports events.
I have always joked with my husband about opening a running store. I would use it more than just selling running products, but also organize running clubs and events.
Of course, it would never happen but in an IDEAL world I would be in heaven.
My questions for others…
1. What is your favorite non-running form of exercise?
2. What made you decide you start blogging?
3. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What is your favorite weekend activity?
5. What is a current goal you are working towards?
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
7. What is one positive thing blogging has brought to your life?
8. What is your favorite blog to read?
9. What is your favorite workout song?
10. What is your favorite holiday?
My blogger tags…
1. Megan from The Lyon’s Share
2. Emily from Love A Latte
3. Jacqueline from Skinny Chick Blog
4. Meg from A Dash of Meg
5. Kelly from I Am Running This
6. Allison from Train Eat Repeat
7. Lea from Running With Ollie
8. Jenn from Run With Rabbits
9. Adriana from Laced Up With Lipstick
10. Stephanie from Pink Sugar Running Shoes
Now it’s YOUR turn. Answer of of Jen’s questions from above!