Wow I can’t believe it is Sunday already.
This recap will be a little different than most, but let’s just go ahead and do it. 🙂
Monday – Tempo Workout
2 mile progressive warm up, 8 miles alternating tempo, 2.25 mile progressive cool down. A total of 12.25 miles.
Tuesday – Easy Run
Easy 11 mile run with an average pace of 9:09 min/mile.
Wednesday – Speed Workout
1.5 mile warm up, 2 x 3 mile repeats at 7:47 min/mile, 500 meter jog in between, 0.5 mile job, 1 mile at GMP, and 1 mile cool down for a total of 11.05 miles.
The treadmill and I have a love/hate relationship. Right now I really miss it though!
Thursday – Rest
Friday – Rest
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – Rest
Total Mileage – 34 miles
I was sidelined for most of the week, and that made it pretty difficult. The verdict is still out on how this week will begin, but there will be some definitive answers coming soon I hope.
This weeks joys/successes:
1. Monday’s Workout. I had a great workout on Monday. I felt strong and my legs felt really fresh the whole time which rarely seems to happen.
2. I was forced to rest. Okay this could be used as a negative, but I am choosing to look at this as something that will help me in the long term (if I don’t I would go crazy), so I am going to put this in the positive column.
This weeks struggles:
1. No running for 4 days. I don’t know quite what is going on yet, as I said more will be determined this week. It was really hard taking these days off. I am trying to keep myself as busy as possible whether it be with blogging or helping my husband get ready for his upcoming races.
2. Pure perfect running weather. I think the hardest part about being sidelined right now is that the weather has been PERFECT (aside from yesterday) for running. My favorite season is finally here, but it is gone so quickly I fear missing it entirely!
This morning I dropped my husband off to get his run started out in the country.
The weather has just been beautiful recently! I can’t believe the leaves are changing and it is already so cool out!
I plopped down at a local grocery store to get a few things accomplished before I head back out to pick him up.
No matter what is going on with me, I will always be Wes’ number one fan. I will always support his running career. I think that is what I have been reminding myself. No matter what the outcome of tests show, or what my answer ends up being at the end of the day I have an amazing husband who I can’t wait to watch kick butt in his marathons in October!
I found this quote last night while I was surfing the internet and think it is SO true. It doesn’t matter what the finish line ends up being (which yes I hope is my Boston Qualifying time), but it is the STRUGGLE and the JOURNEY to get there that makes you who you are truly shows your success!
Some fun things coming up on the blog this week:
1. Video product review for this awesome product.
PLUS waterproof headphones
This is my first video review AND this little iPod has been such a help to both my husband and I.
2. A new giveaway
3. Hopefully some answers on what is going on with me
4. Finally made the jump and scheduled a hair appointment for Tuesday (with the help of my mother-in-law.)
I have it down to two finalists for the haircut I want. They are pretty similar so we will see what happens.
I won’t be coloring my hair just cutting it, so I am thinking a long bob that I can style both ways.
Which do you like better?
What do you have on the agenda for the week?
Anyone run any races this weekend? How’d it go?