Happy Friday! Is it just me or has this week seemed to crawl by? I think it all started with the hopes that I’d be on a delay Monday, and when I wasn’t, it just made the week go by that much slower.

It’s been a while since I’ve done a day in the life post. Obviously, many of my weeks look pretty similar but I thought it’s a good time as any now that I’ve started my marathon training.

In case you’ve missed some of the past you can find them here, here, here, and here. It’s kind of fun to go back and look at how my days change depending on what rotation my husband is on, how busy work is, and what my training schedule looks like. The last one I did was in June 2015, so it’s a good time for an update!

This was actually my day yesterday, on Thursday. You’d be pretty bored with a rest day “day in the life” post.


4:35 AM – Alarm Goes Off

Day in the Life1

That means it’s time to run! Seriously, I just want to stay in bed. However; I’m excited because I’ve got a small workout today which helps my motivation to get myself out of bed.

I grudgingly walk into our office where my clothes are laid out, get dressed, take Zoe out, turn on my GPS watch, and do my dynamic warm up in preparation for my run.


4:50 AM – Start my Run

This morning my coach has me doing a total of 6 miles. It is broken up into 3 miles easy and 3 miles at marathon pace. I love runs where it’s broken up because the miles just go by so fast.

I had a mini-panic attack as I was about a mile into the run thinking I wasn’t dressed warm enough. My hands were already getting cold. Turns out, it was about 10 degrees colder than I thought but thankfully once the marathon pace started I warmed right up.


5:45 AM – Return Home

I return home, turn up the heat, and feed the cats because they won’t leave me alone during my strength work unless I do.


5:50 AM – Strength Work/Stretching

I have strength work scheduled after my run. These workouts usually take me 10-15 minutes at both so I get started on it right away before I get unmotivated.


After I finish up, I stretch for about 5 minutes or so before I know I need to go and start getting ready for work. I have it down to the minute to make sure I am out the door on time.



6:15 AM – Shower and Get Ready

I try to be in the shower by 6:15 AM. I then go and fix some breakfast and prepare my food for the remainder of the day. I still stick to taking lunch and 2 snacks. I’ve started trying to eat breakfast earlier in the day to help with running recovery so I eat before I head into work.

I dry and straighten my hair, put on makeup, get dressed, take Zoe out again, and am out the door right around 7:30 AM.


7:45 AM – Arrive at Work/Coffee

I always like to get to work about 15 minutes early. This allows me time to set up my computer, go and grab some coffee, get my work together, and be ready to go at 8:00 AM. I hate being rushed, I also hate being late, so this helps to eliminate both of those things!

Day in the Life4


8:00 AM – 12:30 PM: Work

I get to work. Month end is today, so I have a lot of preparations to do for that. However, this work day seemed to drag and by lunch time I was starving.

Day in the Life3

I did break for a snack around 10:15. I opted for a banana and peanut butter (not pictured).


12:30 – 1:30 PM: Lunch Time!

Once lunch arrives I waste no time running into the kitchen to heat up my lunch. Today I brought some of my Mom’s vegetable beef soup and topped it with avocado.

Day in the Life5

If you haven’t noticed b some of my meals, I try to make sure no matter what I eat that I always have some source of healthy fat with it.


1:30 – 5:00 PM: More Work

Back to work for the remainder of the day. A few meetings helped the time not to drag quite as much, but I am so very ready for the weekend!


5:20 PM – Arrive Home

Unless it’s a late day, I’m normally home right around 5:15-5:20. I feed all the animals and start dinner until my husband gets home.

Once he arrives we eat pretty quickly (due to our early bedtime) and then we clean up.


6:30 – 8:15 PM – Work and Relax

This time is usually filled with a combination of spending time with my husband, watching something on TV, and getting work done. It’s usually pretty busy but it’s the only time I really have during the day where I can sit down and focus.


8:15 PM – Get Ready for Bed

Sometimes I have to start this process earlier depending on what my wakeup call is the next day. On this day, since I don’t have to be up to run, I do it a little later. My bed process is pretty simple: take my vitamins, clean the litter box, take Zoe out, set out my running clothes (if needed) for the next day, clean up the kitchen, and get in bed.


8:30 PM – Lights Out!

I really try to be in bed each night between 8:30-9:00. If I get to bed later than 9:00 then I really notice a difference in how I feel in the morning.


There you go! A day in my not-so-exciting life! It may not be too exciting, but I really like it – so it works!


What time do you go to bed each night?

Pin It on Pinterest