This week has been crazy busy and it is only Wednesday! I’m seriously just trying to hang on for dear life until the weekend comes. I’m not sure that’s the best way to live, but sometimes you just have to do what it takes.
My husband and I have some exciting things in the works, so we’ve been really trying to focus and hunker down while he has a little bit of a better schedule these couple months.
I was a little out of ideas for posting (sorry) today so I decided it’d be fun to bring back a fun running survey. Who doesn’t love surveys!? So, here we go…
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
I love the beach. I could live there the rest of my life without complaint, but there is also something about the mountains that is so relaxing and refreshing. I think I’ll have to opt for the beach though. I haven’t had too much experience running in the mountains, so that could change I guess!
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I would have to say lemon lime. The main reason being that whenever a race has the red Gatorade I end up making a complete mess of myself and staining my clothes.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
This is a tough one! I’d probably start with shoes, because you can never have too many running shoes! Then usually I had towards shorts and tanks. I am on the hunt for a good hydration system right now, so maybe I would go with that.
In fact, I just purchased a second pair of these! I love them!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
It depends on the season. During marathon training, I like to have a plan so there is no question. In the off season I like to just do what I feel like, but I’ve noticed I tend to go overboard sometimes or I begin to lose motivation. I take that as my sign it’s time to find a type of plan.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I would prefer to start with the uphill and get it out of the way while I still have energy. It always feels nice to end on a downhill too, I feel like I am flying!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Usually spinning or weight lifting, nothing too exciting, usually if I’m not running it means it is due to an injury of some sort. Not a fun time, but I do what I have to!
7. What is your preference: Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
I love point to point. However, I don’t run them that often because there isn’t anyone to pick me up at the end since my husband and I run at the same time a lot. Usually I try to find a loop but in the early mornings I do a lot of out and back.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, what would it be?
The most important thing is a good pair of running shoes! Everything else is really just icing on the cake.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
I see a ton of deer out where I live. They often run out in front of me at 4:00 in the morning and scare me if I don’t see them!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
The only time I have ever gotten lost was about 7-8 years ago. I wasn’t running all that far at the time. I set out for 3 miles and ended up lost and did 6-7 which for me was a ton then. My husband (then boyfriend) finally realized something was wrong and came and found me.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days what would that meal be?
A smoothie! Those are my favorite after a run, but I’m usually lazy so I opt for a protein shake instead. If someone would go ahead and have it made that would be awesome.
12. Capris or shorts: what do you run in most often?
Shorts are all I wear right now. It’s so hot I can’t imagine running in capris!
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
It really depends on the day, but it usually takes 2-3 miles for me to even begin to get into a run. However, Saturday I didn’t really get into it until mile 7 of 10 so it really depends.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I typically run from home, so nothing! If I am out on the trail I usually carry it or hide it.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
Kiawah Island Marathon was pretty amazing since I accomplished my dream of my BQ. It was such an amazing feeling crossing that finish line. Hoping to have a good experience in Chicago as well!
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
If you haven’t figured it out by now, it’s the tempo run. It’s not that I don’t like the tempo run I just get stressed out about them and put too much pressure on myself. It’s something I’m working on.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
I just try to focus on my marathon in October. Knowing that I have to put in the work to get what I want is often enough motivation to get me going.
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
During the week I leave right from my door. Sometimes on the weekends I will go to the local trail and run there, just depends on how I am feeling.
19. When running in daylight are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
I have never found a pair of sunglasses that actually work. I just don’t use them often. I’d love to find a great pair though, so if you have suggestions let me know!
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
I just focus on my goals or I just tell myself that it’s mental that I can do it. I try to focus on putting one foot in front of the other.
Whew! That seemed super long.
Now , it’s your turn….
Answer one of the questions above!