Happy Sunday! I feel like we really needed this weekend to catch up on laundry, cleaning, unpacking and a bunch of work I had put off. Traveling is always fun but I feel like I come back to more work than I know what to do with!

Wes had to work on Friday night, so that allowed me some extra time to get the house clean. I would have much rather had him home though!


Running this week was a bit different. I did the best I could with the time I had, but I didn’t want it to get in the way of Boston festivities on Monday. That’s the great thing about the off season, it’s more flexible!

Here is a look at my running this past week:



I took off completely from running Monday. I was out the door by 6:30 to travel to downtown Boston, so my workout consisted of lots of walking.



We slept in until about 6:45 on Tuesday morning and got up with just enough time to fit in a quick run before heading on our 11 hour trek back home.


I completed 4 easy miles while Wes did his shakeout run.



We got in late on Tuesday so I opted to get an extra hour or two of sleep on Wednesday morning. Wes also offered to run with me after work so I figured, why not!


There were a few minutes I regretted my decision when 5 o’clock rolled around but once we got going it felt great! I’m not normally an afternoon runner, but every once in a while it is a nice change of pace.

I can tell you though that the pollen here right now is no joke!



I figured I’d get one early morning run done this week, so got up at normal time to get in my first workout of the week.

The workout called for a warm up followed by “40 minute steady” and a cool down.


I started the 40 minutes just based on how my legs felt. After I got into the first mile I looked down at the pace and realized the workout was going to end up being more of a tempo run.

I ended up completely 5.37 miles in 40 minutes.  With the warm up and cool down I did a total of just over 8 miles.

Oh, and this pretty lady finally come home from the sitters!




I considered running, but ended up taking the day off. I knew even with only 2 of my normal 3 workouts that it would help me in the long run.



Wes got off work early in the morning, so I got up to see him when he got home.  He ended up getting to sleep a bit the night before, so didn’t go to bed like normal.

Instead he agreed to pick me up at mile 10 of my long run so I didn’t have to do a loop back to the house.

My goal was to relax on this run. I knew the course I had picked out had some good hills in it, so I wanted to make sure I was steady throughout the run.

Just as I started the rain began, but I focused on making sure I didn’t let it bother me. Running in the rain was way better than getting stuck on the treadmill. Wes met me at a couple spots throughout the course just to make sure I was okay and that the rain didn’t get too bad.


10 really awesome miles averaging a much quicker pace than I had planned. I wish I could have kept going but knew I needed to stick to my schedule.



The plan is to do the following workout:

Warm up

2 sets of:
4, 5, and 6 minutes with half recovery
6 minutes recovery between sets

Cool down


I was able to stick to my plan 4 out of the 7 days, which isn’t too bad! I am going to be repeating week 3 of my 10k plan next week to get all of the workouts in.

This works out perfectly since I have a few extra weeks to play with after my plan ends and before marathon training begins.


How did your running go this week?

What was your best and worst run?

Pin It on Pinterest