First off, don’t forget to enter my Thera-Gesic giveaway! I will announce the winners in Sunday’s blog post!
Today I wanted to lighten things up a bit and do something fun. I found this idea over on Meals and Moves. A little fun to break away from the normal routine.
Today I wanted to focus on fours.
Four Jobs I’ve Had
1. Movie Theater
3. Chiropractic Assistant
4. Commercial Lending (currently so that is why I’m leaving out specifics)
Four Movies I Love
1. Love Actually – I watch this movie every single Christmas. It is hands down my favorite.
2. Spirit of the Marathon – Need some quick motivation? Watch this one.
3. The Notebook – Yep. I’m that person.
4. The Imitation Game – Wes and I just saw this recently. I highly recommend it!
Four Places I’ve Lived
1. Greensboro, NC
2. Raleigh, NC
3. Erie, PA
4. Danville, VA
I think that covers every single place I have lived. However, if you had asked me 10 years ago I would have sworn to you that I would have never left my hometown. Life happens.
Four Foods I Hate
3. Potato Salad – Yes, I’m from the south and I don’t like potato salad.
4. Green peas
Four Foods I Love
2. Frozen Yogurt
3. Deviled Eggs
4. Sweet Potatoes
Four Bad Habits
1. Worrying – I worry and stress about everything before I even need to. I don’t know why, but it’s something I always have to be aware of. I’ve found ways to manage it over time but it still gets the best of me every now and then.
2. Biting my Nails – Yes. I’m guilty. I try to keep my nails painted and this helps me avoid it. It’s just a nervous tick.
3. Saying “I’m Sorry” (too much) – My husband was the one who actually pointed this out to me years ago. I am always the first to apologize for anything even when it isn’t my fault. I’ve always been working on this over the years.
4. Mindless TV – I am one of those people who could get sucked into mindless TV for hours and hours. Since we cut our cable it has helped me become more productive, but I’ll admit sometimes I still get sucked into Netflix!
Four Good Habits
1. Organized – It may be a part of my Type A personality coming out, but I love to be organized and all things that have to do with organization. It doesn’t mean that my house is always cleaned and put together, but when I decide its time to clean nothing goes untouched.
2. Hard Working – I’d say I work really hard whenever I set my mind to something. I always try to give more than is expected no matter what the job may be.
3. I’m Always Early – You can count on me to be at least 10 minutes early to everything. It’s something I’ve always done as early as I can remember. It’s funny because my brother is the exactly opposite. You can count on him to be 10-15 minutes late for everything. To each their own!
4. I LOVE Animals – I’ve always had such a soft spot for animals and I don’t last 2 seconds when the ASPCA commercials come on without crying. I love rescuing animals and wish I could give every one a home! May not be a habit per say but it is something that is close to my heart.
Four Lessons Learned
1. Treat Your Body Well – Over the years my body has been through the ringer. I haven’t always treated it well, but I’ve learned with time the better you treat your body the more it will give you in return. My running performance and overall health has improved drastically as I’ve learned to treat my body the way it deserves. As the saying goes, “Treat your body well, it’s the only one you get.”
2. Enjoy the Simple Moments – Over the last 5 years especially as Wes has been going through his journey to become a Dr I have learned even more the importance of the simple moments. Enjoy every moment. You can’t ever get time back, so don’t let it pass you by!
3. Dream BIG – I truly believe in the power of dreams. Even those dreams that seem to far out there to reach. I’ve learned over the past several years especially to never quit dreaming and that it’s a GOOD thing to have big dreams. You’d be amazed at what you can accomplish!
4. Sometimes You Have to Put Yourself Out There -Most of you have never met me in person, but I’ve always been a pretty quiet person. I can carry on a conversation but I’m not one that enjoys being the center of attention and would much rather hang out with a few good friends than a huge group. However, that has held me back over the years. I’ve learned, especially as we’ve moved around, that sometimes you have to put yourself out there. I still struggle with it sometimes, but it’s something I’ve learned is very important in life.
Four of My Favorite Songs (Right Now)
1. Sugar – Maroon 5
2. Gonna Wanna Tonight – Chase Rice
3. Riot – Rascal Flatts
4. Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Now it’s your turn! Answer one of the questions above with your top 4 answers!