I can’t even begin to express just how wonderful it feels to be back to normal. After this weekend I was worried something was really wrong, but I am so glad that I figured out what was causing me all the nausea and exhaustion this weekend.
Lesson learned – even on my days off from running I still need to be REALLY focused on proper hydration! I am partially a whole new person this week!
Tuesday morning my alarm went off at 4:40 am again and I got right on the treadmill to knock out my normal Tuesday workout. This is the second to last week of speed workouts before my plan begins to focus on strength workouts.
My workout was 6 x 800 with 400 meter recovery. I started with a 1.5 mile warm up and then a 1.5 mile cool down afterwards. I totaled 7.5 miles.
My legs took the entire 1.5 miles to wake up and get into the run. It was tough, but that is to be expected. I did each 800 in 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
Some mornings when I get up to run after a quick potty break outside for the pup and warming up my legs are ready to go. Then there are other mornings when it takes a few miles to feel like I’m “into” the run. It’s all part of the game right!?
It was a very sweaty morning. There is no better feeling though than starting my day with an awesome workout! It’s so nice to be able to come home and relax at the end of the day.
I have to say after the crazy weekend I had, it feels so nice to feel back to myself again! It makes me appreciate every run so much more. Even when I’m sucking air and doing a tough workout, it is so nice to feel like my body is strong. My appreciation has grown even more for those simple things we often take for granted!
Today I thought I’d focus on the simple things in life that we often taken for granted.
Here are 10 simple things in life that I am thankful for:
1. A job that I can go to every day.
2. Having dinner with my husband every night and enjoying our time together.
3. Time playing outside with the pup at the end of the day.
4. The little text messages I get from my husband during the day that always bring a smile to my face.
5. Snuggling up with my pup and kitties at the end of a long day.
6. The ability to drive and see our family anytime we want to.
7. The pure excitement on my dog’s face every single time I walk through the door. It doesn’t matter if I am going for 8 hours of 10 minutes, her excitement never waivers!
8. The way fresh sheets smell when you get in bed at night.
9. The feeling of fall air slowly making its way here.
10. That my body is feeling strong and healthy.
Now I challenge you….
What are 5 simple things that you are thankful for today?