My first official week of full time employment went great! I honestly think running in the morning gives me so much more energy throughout the day. Since Fridays are always my rest day, I got up a little before 6:00 AM but felt more tired than I had any other day this week!


I found this sample of some energy drink in my refrigerator this morning, and figured it was the perfect time to try it out! I actually was running late and didn’t have time to fix coffee. I’m not sure it ever fully kicked in because all morning was a struggle for me.

I was excited to get off work and head out to a local baseball game with Wes and my family.


It was a beautiful night in the low 70’s and it made it perfect for sitting out and enjoying our Friday night together. Getting back to work really makes you appreciate the weekends so much more!


Oh, and I couldn’t leave without getting some ballpark snacks. I was having trouble choosing between peanuts, popcorn and Cracker Jacks. I really wanted ice cream, but there was none! I chose popcorn which was delicious.


I remember going to games a child and always getting ice cream, peanuts and cotton candy. Always my favorites! We ended up getting rained out in the 5th inning, but it was still a wonderful evening of relaxing and enjoying time together!


Backing back up a little bit, Thursday morning I woke up at 4:30 AM. I don’t know how I got my body out that early but I dragged myself out of bed and straight onto the treadmill.

I had a 7 mile tempo run scheduled with a 1.5 mile warm up and cool down. I knew I was going to be pressed for time even with waking at 4:30, so I ended up cutting my warm up and cool down to 1 mile.

Tempo Run

You didn’t read that picture wrong. Roughly 1.4 miles away from the completion of my 7 mile tempo I accidentally pulled the emergency stop chord trying to fix my music. I was so frustrated, but restarted the treadmill quickly and finished out the last 1.6 miles plus a cool down.

This run had lots of waives of good and bad. The first couple miles felt HARD and I was getting worried about being able to finish, however the longer I kept going the better I began to feel. It was up and down the entire time, but I stuck it out and got it done!

The weather has been AWESOME here this week. Not too humid, high’s in the 70s. Basically it has been perfect running weather which is completely unheard of for August.


Tomorrow I have my longest run since pre-injury almost a year ago! I am nervous and excited all in one. We considered getting up early to get it done, but once we saw that at 7:00-8:00 am the highs were only going to be in the 60s we knew that we were going to get to sleep in! I am looking forward to it!


What is your favorite food to get at baseball games?

How is the weather where you are?

Pin It on Pinterest