One more week. One more week. That is what I keep repeating to myself and my husband. I cannot believe we are so close!
Yesterday’s long run was amazing. Second week in a row it has gone great!
9 miles at an 8:31 min/pace. I’d say that speed work is slowly starting to pay off! My legs felt great and the weather was PERFECT. I hope it stays around!
As soon as I finished I took a recovery shake and headed to pick up Wes from his 17 mile run.
2 mile warm up
6 x 800 m (with 400 m recovery)
2 mile cool down
Total – 8.5 miles
5 miles easy with strides
1/2 mile warm up
36 minute progressive out and back run
1/2 mile cool down
Total – 5.5 miles
6 miles easy
9 miles easy
1 mile warm up
30 minutes hard work on hills
1 mile cool down
If you don’t want to add all of that up it should end up being around 38-39 miles. I’m not exactly sure what today’s workout will end up being mileage wise, but if it close to my 2nd week that should be about right.
It’s been a little while since I did a Virtual Coffee Date so I figured it was about time for round 2.
If we were having coffee this morning…
- I’d tell you I’m wishing the days away. I don’t want to, but I am so anxious for next Sunday to be here and to really officially start our move to Virginia. For years this day seemed so far away, but now that it is so close I really just want it to be here. I know I should be savoring each and every day, so I am trying hard to SLOW down.
- I’d tell you that I can’t wait to see our families! It feels like an eternity since we have seen them. I think if I am calculating it correctly the last time was Christmas. Too long.
- I’d tell you that I’m spending way too much time on Pinterest lately. I have never been very good at decorating. Fun fact: I actually started off college as an interior design major (haha). My goal for our new place is to really make it a home. Where we live now has never had that “home” feeling so I am determined to make this one different!
- I’d tell you that I really love this video created by Hylands Homeopathic at this year’s Boston Marathon. They asked those who were unable to finish last year why they were running it. I love all their answers!
- I’d tell you that I am putting a little too much pressure on myself to make our house perfect for visitors. In reality half of our stuff is boxed up and our family understands. I will be happy if it at least is somewhat presentable.
- I’d tell you that my big brother turned 31 on Thursday and I really miss him! Growing up we didn’t always get along and now we don’t see each other NEAR enough but we’ve grown a lot closer over the years! He means the world to me.
- I’d tell you that I’m so excited that I am seeing speed improvement. The first couple weeks of speed training are tough because you still feel very slow, but then all of the sudden you notice even your easy runs getting a little faster.
Your turn, if we were having coffee what would you tell me?
How was your training this week?.