We all strive to be better at running. Whether it is improving form, running more miles, preventing injury, or just being a happier runner.
Sometimes we don’t know where to look or who to trust for running advice. There are so many resources out there that we get overwhelmed. I know I did.
I have amassed a small list of some extremely helpful running links that can you make you a better runner. My sub-elite marathoner husband pointed me to some of these and I wanted to pass them along to you. There is a wealth of knowledge here. Bookmark it. Share it. Spread the knowledge so we can all become better runners.
Links for Becoming a Better Runner
- Dathan Ritzenhein : Elite Marathoner Form Drills Videos: Amazing video showing some great dynamic form drills to improve running form and posture.
- Dathan Ritzenhein : Elite Marathoner Dynamic Flexibility Videos: Great video showing dynamic flexibility drills from an elite marathoner.
- FloTrack Workout Videos: Running short on workout ideas…have no fear – get inspired by these hundreds of workout videos of professionals to college athletes doing some amazing workouts.
- McMillan Running and Training Calculator: Great resource to reference for calculating training paces based on predicted finishing times.
- Learn the Mistakes Experienced Runners Make: A list of 12 mistakes even experienced runners make and how to avoid them.
- Tempo Run Length vs Speed Discussion: Some people wonder whether length or speed of tempo runs matter – great discussion on both.
- Importance of Hill Sprints: Educate yourself on the huge benefits from doing hill sprints.
- Hal Higdon’s Marathon Training Programs: A phenomenal plan for anyone looking to run marathons – my husband still follows a highly modified version of his plan (i.e. ups the mileage significantly).
- Should You Be Running Doubles?: Considering incorporating doubles into your running – read this and see if it fits you.
- Footstrike Basics: Good article talking about proper foot strike in running.
- 4 Best Strength Training Exercises for Runners: Great list of strength exercises every runner should be doing!
- Bill Rogers Training Logs: Always interesting to see the running logs of the best in the world…feast your eyes on the immense mileage that the great Boston Billy ran in his real training logs.
- Iron Deficiency in Runners: A great resource talking about symptoms of iron deficiency and how to correct it…very popular in runners.
- Pool Workouts for Injured Runners: Great resource explaining pool workouts and giving examples of these workouts. Whether you incorporate them in your training or are looking for ways to maintain fitness during injury!
- Speed Work for Marathoners: Great read on some key speed workouts for marathon runners.
There they are. Some great resources to help improve your running in various ways. Some you may have seen and some you haven’t.
Everyone likes to stay healthy and improve their running and what better way than to learn from the professionals and more experienced runners.
[Tweet "15 Links That Will Help Make You a Better Runner via @LovingOnTheRun #runchat #fitfluential #run”]