First off, here a few scenes from my Sunday.
(Dropped the husband off to start his run. It was an amazingly beautiful day!)
(Wonderful evening watching a movie with family and cat snuggles.)
(Snapping pictures my husband had no idea I was taking.)
We spent most of the weekend relaxing and enjoying time together with family. My husband is having some back issues and that along with the exhaustion from 3 interviews in 4 days made it a tough couple of days.
He seems to be more rested now and ready to finish out the last two we have.
Since another Monday is upon is that means it is a new day, a new week, and a new start for us all.
I wanted to add some motivation to your Monday, so I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite motivational running quotes.
1. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine
My husband has this one framed on the wall of our study/workout room.
2. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good for the great.” – Steve Prefontaine
3. “Man imposes his own limitations, don’t set any.” – Anthony Bailey
4. “The greatest pleasure in life, is doing things people say we cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
5. “All it takes it all you’ve got.” – Marc Davis
6. “You have a choice. You can throw in the towel or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face.” – Gatorade
7. “Having a true faith is the most difficult thing in the world. Many will try to take it from you.” – Steve Prefotaine
8. “Success isn’t how far you got, but the distance you traveled to get there.” – Steve Prefotaine
9. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. “A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more. Nobody is going to win a 5,000 meter race after running an easy 2 miles. Not with me. If I loose forcing the pace all the way, well, at least I can live with myself.” – Steven Prefotaine
As you can see I love many quotes by Steve Prefontaine.
The past couple weeks have been full of a lot of negative self talk and self doubt. This pretty much applies to many areas in my life, not just in my running.
I’ve been mentally defeating myself almost daily which makes for a very hard time and makes it hard to enjoy the moments I have.
We all are our own worst enemies, we all are harder on ourselves than almost anyone else, and WE are the ones who have the ability to change that.
I set 4 simple goals for myself this week:
1. Stay focused. Don’t get so lost in how far I have to go that I am missing the moments in front of me.
2. Live in the moment. I need to slow down and live in the moment. Stop being so focused on what is to come that I let valuable moments of life pass me by.
3. No more negative self talk. Stop putting myself down or beating myself up. Be positive and focused on the future.
4. Stop looking back. At this point it does me no good to keep looking back. Instead I need to focus on where I am going and what I can be.
What are your favorite motivational quotes? I love finding new ones!
What are 4 simple goals you have set for yourself this week?