Today’s Run – Tempo Run
Total Mileage: 12.05 miles
Total TIme: 1:42:22
Average Pace: 8:37 min/mile (for Tempo Workout)
Today’s treadmill tempo workout was broken down as follows:
Overall it took me 1:44:22 including the warm up and cool down.
I think this picture will accurately describe how I felt.
It was a tough tough workout, but I completed it! Never underestimate what you can do! It was a confidence booster that is for sure which was part of my goal with the workout.
I have a great recipe to share with you all today! I have been messing with it for a while, so I wanted to wait until I had it perfected and a healthy version before I shared it.
Chocolate Banana Bread Protein Recovery Muffins
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup whole wheat flour (or flour of choice)
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/3 cup stevia
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten (or 1/2 cup egg whites)
3 mashed bananas
1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a muffin pan (this recipe will make about 12-15 large muffins.)
3. Mix together flour. oats, protein powder, stevia, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Mix together bananas, eggs, honey, and applesauce in small bowl.
5. Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix thoroughly. Stir in chocolate chips being careful not to over mix.
6. Fill muffin pans about 3/4 way full.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool and serve.
The recipe was adapted from Rachel Ray’s Chocolate Banana Bread recipe. Also, it was husband approved which is a HUGE vote of confidence for the recipe! 🙂
What is your favorite recipe that you have “healified”? (don’t you love my made up words?)