Today’s Workout – Easy Run
Total Miles: 11.02 miles
Total Time: 1:42:22
Average Pace: 9:17 min/mile
Today was my first run back outside since my hip was acting up. It went pretty well. It has gotten hot again here so it was a little warm, but nothing I couldn’t handle.
There wasn’t much to report about the run, I just took it slow and easy and let my body dictate the pace. There were a couple times I made myself slow down a bit just to be on the safe side. There is still a little ache in my hip but I am working on it!
Sorry for the blurry picture I was tired!
Today I thought I would share with you my nightly routine. I have a set routine I follow every night before bed to keep my body functioning and recovering properly.
1. Drink 1 16 oz bottle of water before bed. I am drinking water throughout the day, but I make a point to drink one entire bottle of water about an hour before bed time. This I believe helps my body to recover and helps to de-bloat my body a bit.
3. Stretch and foam roll. I perform about 5-10 minutes of light stretching before bed. I try not to stretch anything too hard so that I don’t irritate a muscle, but this
4. Plan out the next day. My husband hates to plan but I like to come up with some sort of idea of what I am going to run the night before. That way when I wake up the morning I have an idea of how quickly I need to get started.
It’s a simple routine, but I have noticed when I don’t follow this each nice I can tell a difference.
I found a couple new songs to add my iPod for running:
1. Avril Lavigne “Rock and Roll”
2. J Dash “Wop”
3. Pepper “F**k Around” (explicit)
I always like to continue to add new songs to switch it up. New music always helps me run faster!
What are you some of your current favorite songs to run to?
Don’t forget to enter the CLICK Espresso Protein Drink Mix giveaway! You only have 2 more days to enter! A winner will be drawn Saturday afternoon!