After yesterday’s pretty awesome yet tough tempo workout it was time for another easy recovery day. About halfway through today I texted my husband to see if he would run with me later tonight. There are two reasons I wanted to do this.
1. I need a break from the treadmill
2. I didn’t want to die in the heat
I thought a nice evening run would be perfect, and since my husband seems to like evening runs I am looking forward to it. I will post my workout on the workout log page tonight once complete.
I thought I would talk about something very important to me when you spend a lot of your time running alone – music. Music is so important to me when I am running alone. If I reach a tough point in my workout I always will find the most upbeat song or motivational song I can and just blast it.
I thought I would share with you all some of my current favorite running songs.
1. “Let It Roll” – Flo Rida
2. “We Can’t Stop” – Miley Cyrus
3. “Bring Em Out” – T.I.
4. “The Other Side” – Jason Derulo
5. “Wild In Your Smile” – Dustin Lynch
6. “We Own It” – 2 Chainz ft. Wiz Khalifa
7. “Blurred Lines” – T.I. ft. Pharrell
8. “Highway Don’t Care” – Tim McGraw ft. Taylor Swift
9. “Runnin’ Outta Moonlight” – Randy Houser
10. “Cruise” (Remix) – Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly
I have a play list currently of about 30 songs that I use for running, so of course there are many more. I use some of the songs when I need to just sprint it out and some when I am just cruising along. Music can certainly help keep me motivated and focused during a run.
I will leave you with a little upbeat quote that really made me happy this morning.
What are some of your favorite running or workout songs?