Remember that crazy cold front that came through this past winter? I believe most people referred to it as the polar vortex.

The exact opposite is happening now, we are getting a heat wave. It is HOT!


Today was 98 degrees and almost 80% humidity. Even when I got up at 7:00 AM to get in my workout before it got crazy it was very humid. I am thankful though that I wasn’t doing it in the afternoon.


Here is a bit of a recap of my first two days back after my step back week:


Monday I woke up earlier than normal to get in an easy 6. Wes had asked if I would mind biking and pacing him on his workout, so I got up to get my run in first. There is just no way that I can run after biking.

6 Miles

It wasn’t a bad run, a little warm but overall just your typical Monday run for me.

After I finished I rehydrated, changed clothes and headed out to the trail to help Wes on the bike.


His goal was to do a 60 minute tempo run averaging a 5:50 pace or just under.

We ended up covering 10.5 miles in 60 minutes, a 5:44 average. After he finished I got off the bike and walked the rest of the way back to the car.

Beautiful Day

It really was a beautiful day out on the trail even if it was warm. I don’t think there is anything better than running by the water.

Overall a 6 mile run and 10.5 mile bike ride made for a pretty excellent first day back.



I had another early morning on Tuesday because I knew I had to get in my workout before it REALLY heated up.

My workout called for:

1 mile warm up
5 x 1 mile repeats (7:25, 7:23, 7:26, 7:22, 7:35)
800 meter recovery between each
1 mile cool down

Wes found me in the middle of my 4th mile repeat and helped pace me through the last one. I don’t think I could have finished #5 without him there. True teamwork.

After Workout

Don’t let the smile fool you – I was dripping sweat and exhausted. I laid on the floor for a good 15 minutes before I even began my stretching and core work.

I’m really proud of the workout, it was probably one of the toughest workouts I have done to date. It was hard, hot and exhausting but I pushed through it and it showed me just how far I have come throughout this 10k training. One more week and then I begin into my marathon training. I have to say I am pretty excited.


We spent the rest of the afternoon running some errands.  Since our party is on Saturday there were a few things I wanted to get put up before people came over.

One of the main ones being a curtain to put in front of where our washer/dryer is.


It originally had doors on it, but our dryer wouldn’t fit so we had to remove the doors. Since the washer and dryer is in our bathroom I figured I needed something to make it a little nicer.

I think this did just the trick. Plus, I found it at Marshals for a lot less than the original one I was looking for. Win!

Dress Purchase

I also picked up this pretty dress. I figured if I was in Marshals I might as well browse!

Please ignore the mess of hair on my head. It was not a “hair washing” day so it got put up in a crazy bun instead. Yep, my husband is a lucky man to be seen with me today!


What is the temperature where you are?

What is the toughest workout you have ever done?

Pin It on Pinterest

It's Time to Chase Your Goals!

Are you ready to learn how to become a stronger and faster runner? Ready to chase after a goal you never thought would be possible? Join today to never miss a post and receive exclusive updates, training tips, and giveaways.

This information will never be shared with a third party.